The Contra Borealis Dancers are fortunate to have local bands and callers for dances. Here are links for some of them.
- Celtic Confusion – the longest running Celtic band in Fairbanks, though some of the members are much younger. Contact Colleen Herning email@example.com 907-347-1452
- Swing Dogs – An acoustic dance band playing traditional and contemporary tunes for contra dancing, weddings, garage and supermarket openings and mushing events. Charlie, Nancy, Carol, and at least one young fiddler. Contact Charlie Hunt firstname.lastname@example.org 907-488-1216
- Ice Jam – Skip, Seth, Rebecca, Sarah and sometimes Bruno with an eclectic mix of tunes. Seth Danielson email@example.com 388-1804
- Gaelic Fusion – a blend of celtic styles – Quebecois, Irish, with smatterings of old time and Scandinavian. Contact Gary Newman firstname.lastname@example.org 907-488-2001
- Raven Call – A mix of musicians who have created a different sound for dances.
- Lost Dogs – an old time group that plays for square dances in Ester, but worthy of mention. Contact Pete Bowers email@example.com 907-978-1980
- Lynn Basham – firstname.lastname@example.org 907-378-1000
- Barbara Braley – email@example.com 907-457-8957
- David Maxwell – firstname.lastname@example.org
- David Kreiss-Tompkins – email@example.com 907-747-5387- new up-and-coming caller, but maybe moving back to Sitka
- Fairbanks Callers Collective – a promising development in 2014, made of veterans of David Kaynor’s calling class for Winter Dance Weekend Feb. 2014. They have not been active of late, but hope springs eternal by this webmaster. If you are interested in joining a group of folks learning to call, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info. It needs rejuvenation!